الأربعاء، 30 نوفمبر 2016

Southgate appointed England manager



© Getty Images Gareth Southgate has been appointed permanent England manager. The 46-year-old had assumed the role on a caretaker basis following the resignation of Sam Allardyce in September. Southgate guided the Three Lions to seven points from a possible nine in 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ qualifying – results which left them two points clear at the Group F summit – and what was viewed as an encouraging 2-2 friendly draw with Spain.
“I am extremely proud to be appointed England manager,” Southgate said on The FA"s official website. “However, I"m also conscious that getting the job is one thing, now I want to do the job successfully.
“I"ve thoroughly enjoyed working with the players over these past four games and I think there"s huge potential. I"m determined to give everything I have to give the country a team that they"re proud of and one that they"re going to enjoy watching play and develop. For me, the hard work starts now.”
Southgate, who cap..

Read More

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Disqus for المساعد الإلكتروني